Vital Statistics: 5′2 ” with wavy mostly gray hair, hazel eyes. Rubenesque, generously padded figure that I’m working to get smaller.
Interests: genealogy, photography, reading, solving puzzles
Favorite authors: Deborah Harkness, Nora Roberts, Kay Hooper
Recent books read: The Book of Life (Deborah Harkness – okay, I reread that one!); If God is Love, Don’t Be a Jerk (John Pavlovitz)
Favorite Books: The All Souls Trilogy (Deborah Harkness); In Death series (Nora Roberts)
Favorite movies: Lord of the Rings trilogy; National Treasure; Tombstone; Knight’s Tale
Last movies: Lots and lots of Hallmark Christmas movies
Music I Listen to: Voces8, Pentatonix, Country Rock
Favorite TV shows: Hallmark movies, 60 Minutes, Chopped, Home Town
Some other favorites: Cats, chocolate, massages, fresh tomatoes, hugs, the beach in the winter, the color red, pedicures, Christmas, eucalyptus, naps on rainy days, gerbera daisies, Baileys Irish Cream, fresh strawberries, Red Sox
My Myers Briggs Profile: ISFJ (Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging) :: Guardian-Protector
· strongly expressed introvert
· moderately expressed sensing personality
· distinctly expressed feeling personality
· strongly expressed judging personality
James Lipton’s Bernard Pivot Questions:
Have you ever watched “Inside the Actor’s Studio” on Bravo? At the end of every show the obsequious host asks the guest these 10 questions. He’s annoying, but the questions (and answers) are interesting. Here are mine, at least this week’s edition:
1. What is your favorite word? — Possibilities
2. What is your least favorite word? — Fat
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? — Music
4. What turns you off? — Humiliation
5. What is your favorite curse word? — Shit
6. What sound or noise do you love? —My cat’s purr
7. What sound or noise do you hate? — People yelling at each other
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? — Forensic scientist
9. What profession would you not like to do? — Sales
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? — Welcome home
One thought on “Odds & Ends”
I read your comment on “I can has cheez burger” about the “I am the Library Cat” posting (the large white unfriendly-looking cat).
I’m head of the music library at Florida State University. Years ago we became so dishearted about not having a library cat (this is a no-no in university libraries) that we have numerous pictures of cats in our back rooms and even had a stuffed chesire cat (a cutout, sew, and stuff, kids toy probably from the 60’s). I think “fup” from Powell’s Books was the first photo posted. It was taken directly from Powell’s site and is about 1/2″ x 1/2″ in size, but is mounted in a very large golden mat frame. Dewey, of course, also has his place in our library, maybe in part because “Library of Congress” just doesn’t seem like a very good cat name.
Anyway, just want to say “hi,” and enjoyed your post as a librarian.